With each genetic evaluation Holstein Canada recognizes sires that reach elite standards in production, conformation and also genetic indexes through their Superior Production (SP) and Superior Type (ST) programs.
The following Semex sires have been recognized in December 2013 as Superior Production sires having combined genetic indexes for Fat and Protein in the top 5% of the Canadian sire population. Sires must have a reliability of at least 91%.
- CLAYNOOK TRIPLEPLAY††††††††††††††††† (LAURIN x TITANIC)
- ME-DO-CREST EXPLICITE†††††††††††††† (PAGEWIRE x O MAN)
- MS POSIBILITY PRODUCER†††††††††††† (BAXTER x TITANIC)
- RALMA-RH CORNET-ET††††††††††††††††††† (BAXTER x GOLDWYN)
The following Semex sires have been recognized as Superior Type in December 2013. Sires winning this award are within the top 5% of the sire population for their conformation proof (Conformation, Mammary System, Feet & Legs, Dairy Strength, Rump) and with a reliability of at least 87%.
- REGAN-ALH PRIDE††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† (SOCRATES x DURHAM)
- SANDY-VALLEY ALLSTAR†††† ††††††††††† (SOCRATES x SHOTTLE)