This Policy is intended to comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations of each country in which Semex operates. To the extent that the laws of a country may prohibit Semex from using and sharing personal information in a way described in this Policy, the Policy and Semex’s practices shall be modified to be consistent with such local laws.
What Information Does Semex Collect?
Semex collects personally identifiable information. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Personal contact information such as name, postal address, email address, social network details or phone number
- Farm and/or herd information
- Payment and financial information necessary to enable Semex to process transactions in order to provide the goods or services requested by the visitor. Visitors may be requested to provide financial information, including credit card or banking information in connection with such transactions
- Demographic information such as date of birth, age/age range, gender and location (postal code, zip code, city and province)
- Account login information including login ID/email address, screen name, password in unrecoverable form and/or security questions and answers
- Computer/mobile device information such as computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version and the pages visited on Semex’s website, the time and date of visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
- Subscription to Semex e-newsletter(s)
- Survey information
Sensitive Personal Data
Semex does not seek to collect or otherwise process sensitive personal data in the ordinary course of business. Where it becomes necessary to process sensitive personal data for any reason, we rely on prior express consent for any processing that is voluntary (e.g. for marketing purposes). Semex can also process sensitive data on legal bases for example: the detection and prevention of fraud and compliance with applicable law.
How Does Semex Use Personal Information?
Semex uses the collected data for various purposes. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- To fulfill orders: personal data will be used to process and ship orders
- To provide customer support
- To provide and maintain Semex’s website
- To notify about changes to Semex’s website
- To allow participation in the interactive features of Semex’s website when you choose to do so
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve Semex’s website
- To monitor the usage of Semex’s website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- If Semex is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale
- To provide news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that have already purchased or enquired about (unless this information has been opted not to receive)
What Legal Basis Does Semex Have for Processing Your Personal Data?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and used the personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where consent has been provided to receive certain marketing from us. Consent can be withdrawn at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a global genetics solution company. Provided that in each case, this is done in a legitimate way, which does not unduly affect the privacy or rights of the users. For example, we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market surveys to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can provide quality products and services.
- Performance of a contract: This would also apply where we need take steps prior to entering into a contract. For example, where a party has purchased a product or services from us and we need to use their contact details and payment information in order to process the order and send the product.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
When Does Semex Share Personal Data?
Transfer of Data
Information, including personal data, may be transferred:
- Between and within Semex entities and its subsidiaries
- To third parties (such as regulatory authorities, advisers, third party credit card processing companies, credit agencies or other suppliers to the Semex business)
- To oversee customers and/or distributors
- To customers and/or distributors within your country who may, in turn, transfer your data internationally
- To a cloud-based storage provider
Disclosure of Data
Information, including personal data, may be disclosed for the following purposes:
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services. These Service Providers provide their assistance on Semex’s behalf, assisting in analyzing how various services are used. These third parties have access to personal data only to perform these tasks on Semex’s behalf and are obligated to not disclose or use it for any other purpose
- Credit reporting agencies/debt collectors: To the extent permitted by applicable law, credit reporting agencies and debt collectors are external companies that Semex uses to help verify creditworthiness (specifically regarding invoice orders) or to collect outstanding invoices
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, Semex may be required to disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements: Semex may disclose personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Semex
- To prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of website users or the public
The security of your data is important to Semex. Semex uses a variety of measures to keep your personal data confidential, in integrity, available and secure. Semex restricts access to your personal data on a need-to-know basis and following appropriate security standards that protect your data.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
Semex aims to take reasonable steps allowing you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal data. If you wish to be informed about what personal, data Semex holds about you and if you want it to be removed from Semex’s systems, you may do so. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access update or delete the information Semex has on you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Semex relied on your consent to process your personal information
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact Semex immediately. If Semex becomes aware that it has unwittingly collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, Semex will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).
By default, browsers are configured to accept cookies. However, these settings may be changed to block cookies entirely, or to inform the user each time they are used. Detailed information about cookies and the options associated with them are available in each browsers’ settings
Opting In / Opting Out
Upon registering at any Semex website that collects personal information, visitors will be given an opportunity to determine whether they wish to receive promotional materials from Semex or its trade partners. The manner and method in which a Semex site permits users to opt out of receiving such materials will be described on the individual site collecting that personal information. If the user would like to “opt out” later, this may be done by following the instructions on the site where the original request was made, or the instructions contained in the email messages delivering such materials.
Likewise, you may withdraw your consent to the collection or use of your personal information at any time by sending an email to info@Semex.com identifying yourself and describing the personal information that you believe has been collected through this site.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those social media platforms.
This website may use social sharing buttons that help to share web content directly from its web pages to the social media platform. Where you use such social sharing buttons you do so at your own discretion – you should note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. Please note these social media platforms have their own privacy policies, and Semex does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these social media platforms.
How to contact us?
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: www.semex.com
- By phone number: +1-519-821-5060