Semex is deeply disappointed to announce the cancellation of the Semex International Dairy Conference in January 2022 but the safety of our speakers, delegates and staff and that of the hotel staff are our highest concern. Whilst disheartened, we are still looking forward to welcoming you to Glasgow in brighter times. We will be back.
Semex has announced the speaker line-up for The 2022 Semex Conference, to be held in its usual home in Glasgow from Sunday 9th to Tuesday 11th January 2022. As is now customary the conference will kick start the dairy sector calendar and look ahead to what might be in store for the year.
Michael Dennison, National Sales Manager, Semex UK says, “We are looking forward to hosting the 2022 Conference and we are delighted that our speaker line up is so strong. There is a lot to cover in 2 days and we have secured the industry’s top experts to inform, inspire and challenge our delegates.
‘The Time Is Now” Conference will bring together the following:
All about milk:
• PETER GIORTZ-CARLSEN – EVP Europe & Member of Executive Board, Arla Foods will share his insights on the trends for healthy and sustainable fast-moving consumer goods and the development in e-commerce;
• CHRIS WALKLAND - Journalist, Commentator and Market Analyst, who will reveal the milk market prospects for the year ahead: good or bad;
• DOMINIC BROWN - Business Unit Director at Kantar Worldpanel, shares insights in understanding consumers and their buying behaviour in the dairy sector.
Dairy Trade and Industry
• NICK VON WESTENHOLZ – Director or Trade and Business Strategy, NFU and manages the NFU’s policy work on international trade and farm business competitiveness;
• DR JUDITH BRYANS - Chief Executive of Dairy UK, who will take a look at the year ahead from a policy perspective;
• TIM RYCROFT – Formerly at the Food & Drink Federation, Tim is the newly appointed CEO at AHDB.
Our Planet - Our Role:
• FRANK MITLOEHNER – Professor & Director of UC Davis CLEAR Center, who will be beamed in virtually from the US to bring clarity to the debate on animal agriculture and its effect on the environment;
• NEIL BROUGH – A farming family business in Cumbria, milking the Carrock Holsteins Herd through robots.
Your Farm - Your Business
• MICHAEL HURST – Senior Sales Manager, Semex USA – with over 20 years’ experience in the agricultural industry working with some the world’s most renowned dairy herds.
• FRASER JONES – Dairy Farmer who farms in partnership with his father at Calcourt Farms, Welshpool and currently milks over 1,000 cows.
A look to the Future
• FERNANDO MAZERIS – Managing Director at Dairy Data Warehouse, who has years of experience harnessing the power of data and the future of Artificial Intelligence;
Looking after the lifeblood of UK Dairying
• BECKI LEACH – Senior Consultant with Kite, who will share here wealth of experience in labour, recruitment, retaining staff and team motivation.
• CHARLES GEORGE – Dairy farmer from the world famous Brynhyfryd Holsteins in South Wales milking 1,900 cows over two units.
• NIGEL OWENS – World Rugby refereeing legend, inspirational speaker, Ambassador for mental health and Hereford farmer who will share his life experiences with delegates.
Chairing the 2022 conference will be Stuart Roberts, NFU Vice President who farms 400 hectares in Herefordshire, in partnership with his wife and father.
Michael continues, “As well as the technical and educational aspects of the conference it will also have the unrivalled mix of business and pleasure that it has become famous for, with the renowned Burns Supper being held on the Monday evening.
“Once again our industry is facing more challenges and there is no better time to take on these challenges head on and look towards a positive future.
“Book your place now and secure your space and we look forward to welcoming back new and familiar faces to Glasgow to what we know will be a fantastic event,” he concludes.
Book here https://www.semexmarketing.co.uk/conference-2022